Our Vision: “Through the love, power and community of soccer, the LouCity & Racing Foundation will improve the lives of youth throughout the Commonwealth and our bi-state region.”
Our Mission: “Through community partnerships with schools and youth service providers, we use soccer to provide our youth a safe place and the opportunity to dream, thrive and succeed.”
The LouCity & Racing Foundation is the charitable arm of Soccer Holdings, LLC, parent company of Louisville City FC and Racing Louisville FC. Incorporated as a 501(c)(3) in 2021 as the Louisville Soccer Foundation, the organization leverages the clubs’ excitement and activate the fanbase to do good in our community.
Professional sports teams around the country have charitable foundations, and we are excited to similarly develop this opportunity for Greater Louisville and the Commonwealth of Kentucky, using the power of soccer to advance our community through three focus areas: health and wellness, education and inclusiveness.
Click here to make a tax-deductible contribution. Checks can also be made payable to the LouCity & Racing Foundation, 801 Edith Road, Louisville, KY 40206. An acknowledgement letter will be sent for donations of $100 or more.
The founding Board of Directors formed in the summer of 2021 led by Board Chair Bernie Fineman, who also serves on Soccer Holdings Board and provides a strategic link between the corporate entity and the charitable organization.
In March 2022, the board appointed veteran nonprofit leader Jeremy L. Jarvi as the LouCity & Racing Foundation’s first executive director. The native Louisvillian starts after eight years as regional chief development officer for the American Red Cross Kentucky Region.
Jarvi is a University of Kentucky graduate and, in his role with the American Red Cross, he led a team across the Kentucky region, raising millions of dollars to support community programs. He also previously worked for eight years as the Director of Investments and Sponsorships at Greater Louisville Inc.
Among Jarvi’s early objectives is a commitment to establishing a premier youth soccer program focused on creating positive health, social and academic outcomes for its participants, with the following goals:
- Improve their physical health through soccer skills and play
- Learn and practice healthy habits through lessons on nutrition and benefits of an active lifestyle
- Practice life skills such as teamwork, discipline, resilience, and respect
- Build confidence and personal growth through mentoring relationships with coaches and teammates
- Improve educational achievement through tutoring and additional referral support for families
Additionally, through engaged community partners, the LouCity & Racing Foundation will deliver a robust suite of youth programming and initiatives including: camps and clinics, tickets to LouCity and Racing games, youth academy scholarships, mini pitches across the region as well as equipment. At the forefront of these efforts is mentorship, developing leadership skills and using soccer to help form healthy habits.
Support the Foundation’s new initiatives!
The LouCity & Racing Foundation is committed to ensuring soccer is accessible to all kids regardless of their financial capabilities. We have seen the impact when a child receives their first soccer ball, pair of cleats, or the opportunity to learn and compete. It means something.
In 2022 the Foundation engaged thousands of kids, providing scholarships for camps and our youth academy, distributing free equipment, performing clinics for nonprofit partners and youth organizations, allotting more than 5,000 game tickets, developing and running programming at community centers this summer, and launching a West End Soccer League — to name a few initiatives.
We are mobilizing our efforts and taking soccer into neighborhoods to not only provide soccer instruction but also teach life skills, healthy habits and nutrition. Whether it is a child who just wants to learn the game, a kid who wishes to participate in a soccer camp, or a young person who can perform at the level of a youth academy team, they all deserve the opportunity.
As we approach the holiday season, we want to make you aware of two ways to support the Foundation.
- Donor Recognition Offerings: Special offerings are available to show your support for the Foundation’s mission and be recognized in the Lynn Family Stadium. Check out the different opportunities at https://donorofferings.givesmart.com.
- 2023 Soccer Ball: Moving into its second year, the popular, high-energy event will move to the Galt House Hotel as we celebrate hard-fought 2023 seasons of our beloved LouCity and Racing Louisville teams, highlight top performances on and off the pitch, provide guests with the opportunity to interact with coaches and players, spotlight our youth Academy program, and raise dollars to support the Foundation. Get your best pair of kicks/sneakers ready for an event unlike any other. See the following link for offerings and reserve your place now: https://tinyurl.com/soccerball2023.
Please direct any questions to the LouCity & Racing Foundation’s executive director, Jeremy Jarvi, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-648-6241.
Thank you for your support!
Board of Directors
Director of Athletic Advancement
First Harrison Bank
Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, LLP
Caldwell and Preload
Associate Equity Research Analyst
River Road Asset Management
First Tee — Louisville
NFP Tax Director
Dr. Mark Lynn
Lynn Family Sports Vision & Training
Jon Ryan Neace
Falls City Beer
Executive Vice President
Louisville Megacavern and Louisville Underground
Turn Key Title & Escrow, LLC
Mary Ellen Wiederwohl
President & CEO
Accelerator for America